7 Year Old Boy Electrocuted in Benin


Residents of Omo-Iyamu street off Sapele Road in Benin, Edo State, have been thrown into grief after a seven-year-old boy was electrocuted on Friday.

The child was electrocuted to death after allegedly stepping on an electricity cable.

The residents lamented that the BEDC Electric cable fell in the neighbourhood and that officials of the company, who were called upon to rectify the situation, did not show up, claiming that maintenance car was not available.

The boy, identified as Stanley Bobo was said to have gone out to play when he stepped on the live wire, which killed him, burning part of his body.

The incident has thrown the entire residents of the area into grief.

Source : Daily Post

Download our Edition

The Spark is a youth empowerment platform in Nigeria that projects the average Nigerian youth doing something, anything positive. Our mission is to reach out to as many youths, “EMPOWER and ENGAGE!!!