There are some skills that get you hired fast. It is great to have them and if you do not, you can develop them.
1. A Team Player: Employers always like to hire team players. Your inter personal skills be it developing rapport, listening, motivating others or delegating with respect will be what makes you an important part of any team.
2. Multi-Tasker: This is pretty simple. The workplace requires people to do more tasks, jobs and take on more responsibility than ever before.
3. Open: Being open and flexible to learning new skills, approaches and things, interacting with new people, trying new ways of doing things shows a resilience and perseverance to do whatever it takes, to do the job and get it done.
4. Accountability: Employees can be smart, likeable and talented but, if you can’t trust them to do what they say they’ll do, you and everyone else will constantly waste time and energy checking up on their work.
5. Good Communication: Monetary and human resources are at risk when communications go awry. It’s important to know that your new hires are willing and able to communicate important information, ideas and challenges effectively.