February, usually called the month of love, romance, bla bla…Hey! The month was named after the Latin term februum, which means purification. What better way to purify your mind than good movies and popcorn, eh?
In no particular order of preference, my top 10 movies to see this month
- Deadpool – The story of Wade Wilson, a former Special Forces operative turned mercenary due to a rogue experiment that leaves him with superhuman abilities and a dark sense of humour.
- Hail, Caesar! – A mystery comedy about a Hollywood fixer in the 1950s works to keep the studio’s stars in line.
- How to Be Single – Set in New York, the characters share a need to learn how to be single in a world filled with ever-evolving definitions of love.
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies – A terrifying remake of Jane Austen’s romantic classic with a new twist – an army of undead zombies.
- Race – A sports biopic about the story of Jesse Owens, record-breaking track and field star, who won four gold medals at the 1936 Summer Olympics in Berlin.
- Touched with Fire – Two manic-depressive poets meet in a psychiatric hospital and begin a romance that brings out all of the beauty and challenges of their illness.
- Remember – An old widower and Holocaust survivor with dementia goes in search of the person responsible for the death of his family.
- Eddie the Eagle – A true story about Eddie Edwards, the first ski jumper to represent Great Britain in the Winter Olympics, in 1988.
- Zoolander 2 – Supermodels Derek and Hansel team up again when an opposing company attempts to take them out from the business.
- The Witch – A family in 1630s New England is torn apart by the forces of witchcraft, black magic and possession.